Today I cleaned out the cupboard. This was necessary because when I opened the door a tin of tuna that had been balanced precariously fell out and nearly killed the dog who sits trustingly at my feet. Especially in the kitchen.
In the cupboard I found
- Instant yeast (June 86) which was bought in the sure and certain knowledge that I would make bread every day when I got married. It is unopened.
- Thai Fish Sauce. Also unopened. What recipe was that for?
- Three bottles of white wine vinegar. Why don't I make a shopping list?
- Tin of Foie Gras de Canard. Given by friend of husband. Cannot eat it because it is cruel. Cannot throw it away because it is wasteful. What am I to do?
- Duchy Originals Handmade Olive Oil and Fresh Herb Vinaigrette. So smart. So delicious. So expensive. So lazy.
- A nearly empty bottle of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce. Essential ingredient for historic family recipe for barbeque sauce. Must go shopping.